As with auto insurance, motorcycle insurance policies are made up of several components, some of which are legally required while others are optional; optional extras worth considering include specific coverage for custom motorcycle parts.
Here are a few things to consider and questions to ask your agent:
- How much can I afford to pay if my motorcycle is in an accident, damaged or stolen? Ask us what your cost savings would be if you raised your deductible.
- What discounts and programs are available? Ask about discounts for taking safety classes or having multiple policies. You may also save money if your motorcycle is stored in a garage or if you belong to a motorcycle association.
- How much medical and liability coverage should I have?
- Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
- What’s the process for filing and settling a claim?
We are happy to talk through the details of motorcycle insurance. Contact us, and we will lead the way.